Date:      Mon, 04 Dec 2000 16:22:09 +0000
From:      Karl Pielorz <kpielorz@tdx.co.uk>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   4.1.1 / 4.2 Boot CD 'lose' remote keyboard on HP LPr's?

Hi,

I've noticed a problem with the 4.1.1-R and 4.2-R CD's that we have... When
you boot then in an HP LPR, via it's "Remote Admin" port, everything goes fine
- until you get to the blue-background sysinstall utility, at which point -
you lose the keyboard...

This is on machines with no keyboard of their own, i.e. they use the 'ghosted'
keyboard provided by the HP Remote Admin card in the machine...

Booting with / without "-P" seems to make no difference... The keyboard works
during the kernel config, it's only once sysinstall has loaded that it seems
to stop working...

Unfortunately I can't get a dmesg output (as I don't have a keyboard) - has
anyone come across this before? - or can offer any workarounds?

Regards,

Karl Pielorz