Date:      Sat, 27 Jan 2001 08:50:23 -0600
From:      jpaetzel@hutchtel.net
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   X-windows, Geforce 2 GTS DDR, and FreeBSD 4.2-STABLE

I am running FreeBSD 4.2-STABLE on a P3-700 with a Geforce2
GTS DDR video card made by Creative called the Annihilator 2.  I
have installed Xfree86 4.0.2

I have looked all over the web, gone through the www.xfree86.org
website, searched the mailing list archives, and gone through a ton
of the documentation that XFree86 installed on my machine.  The
Xfree86 site claims that my card is now supported by Xwindows,
but that is about the only documentation I can find there.

I can't seem to get Xwindows to recognize my card.  There isn't a
listing for any Gforce in the cards database, and of course there
isn't an option for it in either the graphical or the text based
configuration program for X.

I am wondering if anyone can point me to some documentation, or
perhaps tell me how they got their gforce card to work.  I have done
a ton of X windows installations, and I have never been so stumped
as I am now.

Thanks,
Josh