Date:      Thu, 01 Feb 2001 21:13:07 +0000
From:      Jonathan Belson <jon@witchspace.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Kernel panic writing to ZIP disk 8^(

Hiya

I suffered a kernel panic after trying to write
to a MS-DOS ZIP disk.  It is repeatable with both
my kernel and the GENERIC (non-SMP) one.

I mounted the disk with the command

mount_msdos /dev/afd0s1 /dos

and the fault code was 'supervisor read, page not
present'

Apart from the embarassment of having my machine
crash in front of two friends (after having extolled
the virtuals of unix to them 8^), I think this is
a serious problem which needs to be looked into.

How do I report this bug, with all the information
needed to find it?

I'm running -stable supped yesterday on a dual
Pentium 2 with 128 Megs.

--
C-YA
Jon