Date:      Tue, 06 Feb 2001 19:46:45 +0200
From:      Maxim Sobolev <sobomax@FreeBSD.org>
To:        ade@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        roberto@eurocontrol.fr, freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ports/24901: Problem with some threaded ports (e.g.gnomevfs)

ade@FreeBSD.org wrote:

> Synopsis: Problem with some threaded ports (e.g.gnomevfs)
>
> State-Changed-From-To: open->closed
> State-Changed-By: ade
> State-Changed-When: Tue Feb 6 09:26:00 PST 2001
> State-Changed-Why:
> The solution, because so damn many things were screwed up with the
> threading changes in -current, is simple.
>
> 1.  Build a post-apocalypse -current
> 2.  backup configuration files
> 3.  rm -rf /var/db/pkg/* /usr/local/* /usr/X11R6/* (plus elsewhere
>     if you play with PREFIX).
> 4.  Rebuild every single port from source (do not use the 5.x packages)
>
> When -current stabilizes enough that these kind of massive and far-reaching
> userland changes quieten down, then it'll be easier to go through ports/
> and see if there are any remaining friendly fire casualties.

It seems that the following additional point is required in this case (from my
private conversation with PR author):
0. Update your sources to the latest version using cvsup and rebuild/reinstall
world (it seems that he somehow has a world from the point when libc_r changes
were comitted, but -pthread option had not been adjusted yet to link with libc
in addition to libc_r).

-Maxim