Date:      Tue, 06 Feb 2001 12:25:28 -0800
From:      "Raymundo M. Vega" <RaymundoVega@home.com>
To:        Gazela <matjazp@doyen.si>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: DNS server (how to change IP's)

> Gazela wrote:
>
> I have a working dns server,but now i have to change a provider .With this
> change i have to get new static IP adresses .Is there a possibility to change
> IP's without reconfiguring the whole sistem.
> The problem is ,that the guy that created the sistem is not avaliable
> anymore.he didn't leave any description of the sistem behind.The server is
> connected through a  BSD firewall and over CISCO router
>
> Can anyone help me ,please.
>

> Thanks,Matjaz

When you change ISP you get a different IP address, if the DNS has
an IP address from your current ISP, then it will change too. I do
not understand what you mean with "reconfiguring the whole system",
I think there is a high probability to change:

- IP address of your cisco
- DNS IP number and its registry
- DNS configuration files
- Any other service with "hardwired" IP address will change too

suerte

raymundo