Date:      Thu, 05 Apr 2001 14:04:43 +1000
From:      Kal Torak <kaltorak@quake.com.au>
To:        FreeBSD-ISP@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Chasing the kiddies (was: Named Keep crashing)

> Entering a computer system is breaking and entering.  Send them to jail.
> It doesn't matter if they immediately left without doing anything.  If anyone
> enters my home through a window I have left open for ventilation at night,
> they could very possibly be shot or bludgeoned about the head and shoulders
> by a baseball bat or whatever other blunt or sharp object I find first.
> They will most likely end up in jail.  It makes no difference that the
> window was open.  You just don't cross those lines.

Comparing a computer system to a house works to a degree, but lets face it,
breaking into a public system dose not compare at all to breaking into someones
private house...
If they cause no damage, I dont belive they should be punished, infact they
are helping you by showing security holes you can fix.. There by protecting
your self against people in the future that might cause massive amounts of damage!