Date:      Wed, 11 Apr 2001 22:48:15 -0700
From:      "Freddie Cash" <fcash@bigfoot.com>
To:        freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Tastes in beer (was: style(9) was: Intro speech)

On 10 Apr 2001, at 16:16, Chris Piazza wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 10, 2001 at 10:15:47PM +0100, David Goddard wrote:
> > Brad Knowles wrote:

> > >         Sigh....  These wannabees think that they can compete with
> > >         the
> > > *inventors* of beer?  ;-)

> > What - the *Egyptians*? ;)
> > [Or so I'm told]

> Beer or beer like drinks are actually extremely common in cultures
> around the world.  It would be hard indeed to trace this back to the
> Egyptians or any other sole inventors.

Nope, that would be the Sumerians.  :)
http://www.spatenusa.com/germanbeerhistory.html

[Sent this off-list last time... gotta remember to check the TO:
field before sending.]

Cheers,
Freddie
fcash@bigfoot.com

Reject complexity, embrace simplicity, and leave your
ego at the door.
    - Colonel Kernel @ http://dualboot.net