Date:      Thu, 26 Jul 2001 14:45:43 -0400
From:      Cuyler Dingwell <cuyler@home.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   ata100 hard drive

Hello,

  I'm currently running FreeBSD 4.1 and attenpting to install a ata100
(Quantum) hard disk.  I am unable to find anything online to help me in
such a task.  The drive does not show up in the dmesg.boot log file
however the bios does see it on boot up as drive 1 on the ata100
controller (on-board).

  If anyone has any hints please let me know either in the mailing list
or at cuyler@home.com

Thanks.

- Cuyler