Date:      Mon, 03 Sep 2001 17:00:47 +0200
From:      Radoy Pavlov <pavlov@euroscript-ls.de>
To:        Doug Hardie <bc979@lafn.org>
Cc:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 2.2.8 -> 4.3 upgrade

Doug Hardie wrote:

> At 19:46 -0700 9/2/01, Chad R. Larson wrote:
[...]
>    1)  Full backup (maybe several :->)
>
>    2)  Boot 4.3-RELEASE CDs and select "Upgrade" (kernel and binaries
> and source)
>
>    3)  reboot
>
>    4)  make buildworld

This is the point. I've been trying to update one
3.5.1 box to 4.x branch without success. Either way
(using cvsup or sysinstall) make buildworld breaks
with various errors. Today it was secure/lib/libcryto.
It's a good plan, but what basis do i need to complete
that build ? I tried updating plain 3.5.1 install from
a CD set and cvsuped one to 3.5.1-S.

cheers, Radoy
--
Error FE6B - Nonexistent - This comment does not exist,
and therefore you cannot read it. Please go away quietly.