Date:      Thu, 06 Sep 2001 16:23:43 -0400
From:      Daniel Frazier <dfrazier@magpage.com>
To:        "P. U. (Uli) Kruppa" <root@pukruppa.de>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: internet gateway

P. U. (Uli) Kruppa wrote:
> Hi!
>
> My experimental home-network looks like this:
>

> *--------*      *--------*      *---------*
> | small. |      |        |------|DSL-modem|
> |pukruppa|------|pukruppa|      *---------*
> *--------*      *--------*        |
>                                   *----->
>                                      WORLD
>
> small.pukruppa 	and  pukruppa	can ftp and telnet each
> other (thanks to Pedantic PPP Primer - by the way).
> small runs 4.0-RELEASE , pukruppa runs -CURRENT .
>

> How can I access the internet from   small.pukruppa  ?
> 	(o.k. I could 	# telnet pukruppa 	and
>          start lynx there :-)  )

put gateway_enable="YES" in /etc/rc.conf.

Daniel Frazier  <dfrazier@magpage.com>   Tel:  302-239-5900 Ext. 231
Systems Administrator                    Fax:  302-239-3909
MAGPAGE, We Power the Internet           WWW:  http://www.magpage.com/

         - Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759.