Date:      Sun, 16 Sep 2001 18:08:04 -0400
From:      "Dan Langille" <dan@langille.org>
To:        Peter Pentchev <roam@ringlet.net>
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: including third party graphics in a port

On 17 Sep 2001 at 0:55, Peter Pentchev wrote:

> On Sun, Sep 16, 2001 at 12:50:19PM -0400, Dan Langille wrote:
> > I'm trying to create a PR for net/netsaint to include BSD specific graphics (see
> > http://freebsddiary.org/netsaint.php) for details of the graphics.
> >
> > I know how to create the patch to modify the html files.  I think I can specify the graphics
tarball
> > like this:
> >
> > PATCHFILES=     netsaint-graphics.tgz
> > PATCH_SITES=    http://www.freebsddiary.org/samples/
> >
> > I think I specify the install locations of those files like this:
> >
> > $ grep bsd pkg-plist
> > share/netsaint/images/bsd_logofullsize.gif
> > share/netsaint/images/bsd_sblogo.gif
> >
> > Am I on the right track?  If you know of an existing port which does similar things, please let
me
> > know.  Thanks.
>
> Mostly, yes.  However..
>
> Is the netsaint-graphics.tgz file a collection of files, or a patch?

FWIW: Two GIF files to be used on the netsaint pages.  They contain BSD images rather than
Linux images.

   http://www.freebsddiary.org/samples/bsd_logofullsize.gif
   http://www.freebsddiary.org/samples/bsd_sblogo.gif

Thanks for the other tips.  I'll start in again later this week.  From the number of people asking
about putting these graphics into the port, it should be a PR with popular support.
--
Dan Langille - DVL Software Limited
The FreeBSD Diary - http://freebsddiary.org/ - practical examples