Date:      Fri, 11 Jan 2002 22:15:55 +0100
From:      Hroi Sigurdsson <hroi@asdf.dk>
To:        "Crist J . Clark" <cjc@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: cvsup-16-f issue

"Crist J . Clark" wrote:

> Just use a package.

Bah. I think we have chicken-and-egg problem here. I just installed RC1
and wanted to grab the ports tree afresh.
Standard procedure:
# pkg_add -r cvsup
# cvsup /etc/cvsup-portsfile
/usr/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: Shared object "libXaw.so.6" not found

No go this time unless I install X :-(.

Can we have cvsup back to static, please? Preferably without X support?
I thought this was a major annoyance/regression in an otherwise
excellent freebsd update. This should be fixed before release.

--
Hroi Sigurdsson                                 hroi@asdf.dk