Date:      Thu, 28 Mar 2002 12:27:16 +0100
From:      Christoph Wegener <cwe@bph.ruhr-uni-bochum.de>
To:        Bart Matthaei <bart@dreamflow.nl>
Cc:        radzivilyuk@itt.net.ua, freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: can't su to root

Hi,
YES, you are right - I unfortunately read to quick and missed his error
message - SORRY if I give a wrong hint...

Thanx for correction...
Christoph

Bart Matthaei wrote:

> > are you member of the wheel group?!?
>
> Hasn't to do anything with the wheel group.
> If the user isn't in the wheel group, he'd get a "Not in the correct
> group to su root"-error.
>
> The problem is probably the lack of a suid-bit.
>
> Regards,
>
> Bart
>
> --
> Bart Matthaei                 bart@dreamflow.nl
>
> Eat drink and be merry, for tomorrow they may make it illegal.

    .-.                             Ruhr-Universitaet Bochum
    /v\    L   I   N   U   X        Lehrstuhl fuer Biophysik
   // \\  >Penguin Computing<       c/o Christoph Wegener
  /(   )\                           Gebaeude ND 04/Nord
   ^^-^^                            D-44780 Bochum, GERMANY

Tel: +49 (234) 32-25754             Fax: +49 (234) 32-14626
mailto:cwe@bph.ruhr-uni-bochum.de http://www.bph.ruhr-uni-bochum.de