Date:      Fri, 12 Apr 2002 08:13:55 +0100
From:      Theo Pagtzis <t.pagtzis@cs.ucl.ac.uk>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   locale problems with linux 7.1 base upgrade

Hi all,

I upgraded to linux 7.1 base successfully for the purposes of getting
linux java 1.4. The upgrade has created a consistent problem with the
locale for any application that I am running.

These applications are so far, Netscape and java 1.4 runtime. I have
tried to set the XNLSPATH to some nls folder while I also tried a couple
of en_US locales setup with LANG env var.

Does somebody have any tips as to how to resolve this problem since it
is a major showstopper for any application that makes use of locales,
i.e. the application crashes as soon as it is run.

I am running 4.5 STABLE and netscape is either 4.76 4.78 4.79 (the last
two are linux based)

cheers

Theo