Date:      Fri, 26 Apr 2002 14:07:59 -0400
From:      Jason Andresen <jandrese@mitre.org>
To:        Koroush Saraf <koroush@pacbell.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Window Recording in FreeBSD (*)

> Koroush Saraf wrote:
>
> Hi All,
>
> I have a Pentium box with FreeBSD 4.5 installed.
> I like to capture the cotents of a window for a few seconds and make
> an mpg or avi out of it.
> For example I like to make 10 sec clips of Doom while I'm playing.
> I've heard of screencorder for windows; but what's the solution for
> FreeBSD?

Generally one doesn't do that in FreeBSD.

If you're playing fullscreen or have your resolution set fairly low
you might try an script like:

sleep x # to let you start playing before the screenshots kick off
loop x times
do
	xwd -root -silent -out screenseq.$x.xwd
done

You probably won't get very good performance with this option, but
it'll probably work.

--
  \  |_ _|__ __|_ \ __| Jason Andresen        jandrese@mitre.org
 |\/ |  |    |    / _|  Network and Distributed Systems Engineer