Date:      Sat, 25 Feb 2012 04:37:03 +0000
From:      Kamil Choudhury <Kamil.Choudhury@anserinae.net>
To:        "freebsd-fs@freebsd.org" <freebsd-fs@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Distributed, snapshotting, checksumming filesystems for FreeBSD

The dream: a file system spread out over a variable,=20
ever increasing number of hosts, presenting a single=20
unified file system to any client host mounting the=20
file system.=20

>From the client's point of view, it is possible to=20
snapshot the directory view that is presented. The=20
client also has confidence that data written to the=20
file system will be returned exactly as it went in.=20

Now that I think about it, what I seem to be looking
for is a network aware ZFS that uses hosts as vdevs.=20

Is there such a thing out there?=20

Kamil