Date:      Tue, 04 Jun 2002 00:52:00 -0400
From:      Chuck McCrobie <mccrobie@cablespeed.com>
To:        freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org
Subject:   Support for Fujitsu MB89352

I have a Fujitsu PCMCIA SCSI card which identifies itself as "EIGER LAB
EPX-SS1000".  Having no success identifying a driver, I took the card
apart and found a "Fujitsu MB89352" SCSI controller chip.

Evidently, NetBSD has support for this chip and presumbly, the card.  My
question is this:

1.  Is anyone working on support for the Fujitsu MB89352 chip?
2.  How hard is it to port the NetBSD driver over?
	a.  Are host bus adapter drivers compatible between NetBSD and FreeBSD?
	b.  What would be a good driver to get the skeleton of a host bus
adapter
		can "drop-in" the MB89352 support?

My ultimate goal is to get a Linux (ugh!) driver for this chip so I can
use it with my Sharp Zaurus ;)

So, my next questions:

1.  Is anyone here familiar with the Linux SCSI host adapter drivers?
2.  Which is an easier port - if there is such a thing:
	a.  FreeBSD -> Linux
	b.  NetBSD -> Linux

Chuck McCrobie
--