Date:      Wed, 12 Jun 2002 09:39:02 -0500
From:      Steve Fettig <lists@stevenfettig.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        "'Justin P. Michel'" <jpmichel@jcontinuum.ca>
Subject:   Re: Secure FTP

Alex wrote:

>Dear Simas,
>
>Wednesday, June 12, 2002, 9:12:35 AM, you wrote:
>
>SC> Hello,

No, you do not have to enable ftp through inetd.conf in order to enable
sftp -- in fact, this defeats the purpose of having sftp enabled imho.
 As long as ssh is enabled through rc.conf (via a generic install - I am
assuming you haven't made any major modifications to the normal FreeBSD
install), sftp will work.

Steve