Date:      Tue, 08 Oct 2002 15:21:43 +0200
From:      Juergen.Dankoweit@t-online.de (Juergen Dankoweit)
To:        freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Bugs in documentation

Hello.

First of all many thanks for this great manual. It is very good to read
and it is a great pleasure to read such a complete documentation.

But I found two bugs:
(1) In chapter 16.2.3: "sysctl hw.snd.maxautovchans=4". This variable
does not exist. A sysctl -a doesn't show this.
(2) In  chapter 22.5.3.1: If you are using given values, it is
impossible to start more then 24 processes depending on the memory they
use!
I found this bug on my notebook, because I wanted to install Oracle for
learning-reasons. After starting GIMP I was unable to start XSane.
So I started XSane from XTerm and there it shows all the truth: "not
enough shared memroy for this application". I tested this with other
programs with the same result.

Please go on with your very good work.

Best reagrds

Juergen Dankoweit