Date:      Tue, 29 Oct 2002 00:08:24 +0100
From:      stephan mantler <step@acm.org>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Invincible Process?

Hi

Through a weird coincidence I managed to get truss to trace itself on
4.7-RELEASE:

root  97508  0.0  0.1  916  408  p4- D  10:30PM   0:00.01 truss -p 97508

The funky thing is that this process is now unkillable. I've sent it
every signal in the known universe, tried to attach a debugger and
yet another truss, but all to no avail. It's only a minor inconvenience
on this particular system (and definitely doesn't warrant a reboot), but
still.

Regards,
-stephan