Date:      Thu, 07 Nov 2002 14:35:25 -0800
From:      Terry Lambert <tlambert2@mindspring.com>
To:        mjacob@feral.com
Cc:        David O'Brien <obrien@freebsd.org>, alpha@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: floppies for alpha/DP2

Matthew Jacob wrote:
> > On Thu, Nov 07, 2002 at 10:18:24AM -0800, Matthew Jacob wrote:
> > > + isp/sym are the only supported SCSI HBAs; mlx is also supported
> > > (reason: SRM won't boot off any others, so no point in trying to
> > > include them)
> >
> > 164LX, pc164sx, ds10, ds20 all will boot off of an Adaptec 2940UW.
>
> Uh- I sure can't find any SRM that actually *does* do this.

I had the loan of a 164SX that would do this, way back when; this
was the same box that the Linux people were using for the original
Alpha Linux port at Univeristy of Arizona in Tucson.

You are unlikely to find an SRM that supports it, since there are
different version of the AHA card, and only the older version is
supported (the one that DEC used to sell).

-- Terry