Date:      Sun, 10 Nov 2002 13:46:34 -0600
From:      "Alan L. Cox" <alc@imimic.com>
To:        mjacob@feral.com
Cc:        alpha@FreeBSD.ORG, John Baldwin <jhb@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: on the same note..

Matthew Jacob wrote:

> Err, well, this *is* in vm object allocation...

Ah, I see what you're talking about now.  Until the vm object has been
returned by the allocation routine it is not shared data.  The
generation count is used to detect changes in the list of resident pages
by sleeping processes, not to detect that the same storage is being
recycled for a new object.

Alan