Date:      Tue, 18 Mar 2003 12:26:27 +0100
From:      Claude Buisson <cbuisson@nerim.net>
To:        John Hay <jhay@icomtek.csir.co.za>
Cc:        Murray Stokely <murray@freebsdmall.com>, "Igor B. Bykhalo" <goshik@binep.ac.ru>, ports@FreeBSD.ORG, re@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: make release fails (WAS: bad handling of dependencies in  Mk/bsd.port.mk since 1.441)

John Hay wrote:

> On Mon, Mar 17, 2003 at 10:59:29PM -0800, Murray Stokely wrote:
> > On Tue, Mar 18, 2003 at 09:24:49AM +0300, Igor B. Bykhalo wrote:
> > > I have the very similar errors wile making STABLE release three times
> > > during last five days, details below:
> >
> > No RC1 and RC2 were built without documentation because of this
> > problem.  I have brought it to kuriyama and portmgr's attention and a
> > patch is circulating.  I hope it will be committed so that I can build
> > a full RC3 with documentation.
>
> Is it circulating somewhere where one can get hold of it? I'd like
> to try it out on my snap building boxes where I have disabled the
> doc building because of this.
>
> John
> --
> John Hay -- John.Hay@icomtek.csir.co.za / jhay@FreeBSD.org

As I said in my post to -ports, the problem disappears when one reorders
_CONFIGURE_SEQ in ports/Mk/bsd.port.mk, to read:

_CONFIGURE_SEQ= build-depends lib-depends misc-depends \
	configure-message patch-libtool pre-configure pre-configure-script
\                  do-configure post-configure post-configure-script

so as to be sure that libtool is installed before the patch-libtool
step.

Claude Buisson