Date:      Thu, 03 Jul 2003 14:03:57 -0700
From:      K Anderson <freebsduser@comcast.net>
To:        Nucking Futs <nuckingfutsto@hotmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Disable PING command

Nucking Futs wrote:
> How would I go about disabling users command to ping?  If need be I
> would be willing to just disable the ping command altogether as a last
> resort.
<Adverspam removed>
Good luck. All it takes is a user to port, transfere, compile, copy,
move or hack in a ping command of their own. Any languages could be
used, PERL, PHP, Python and much more.

Your other option is to administratively block any and all traffic that
might be created via the ping command so that it just gets dropped by
the firewall. Of course there might be other ways around that too.

HTH and good luck.