Date:      Mon, 22 Sep 2003 01:34:42 -0000
From:      Brandon Fosdick <bfoz@terrandev.com>
To:        20030921152056.GA5392@infogestion.org
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: USB Problem

Olivier wrote:
> My freeze during usb detection when booting latest -STABLE kernel came
> from my OV511 webcam... without it, it boots without problem. but even
> with the cam, there was no freeze before the latest commits in the CVS
> for usb.

I just cvsup'd to stable a few hours ago and rebuilt. Now when I reboot
it gets as far as

usb1: OHCI version 1.0, legacy support
usb1: SMM does not respond, resetting
usb1: <OHCI (generic) USB controller> on ohci1
usb1: USB revision 1.0
uhub1: (0x10de) OHCI root hub, class 9/0, rev 1.00/1.00, addr 1

and freezes. The only USB devices I have are an MS Keyboard and MS
Explorer optical. Removing both before rebooting allows the boot process
to finish normally. I can then plug the keyboard and mouse back in and
they work properly.