Date:      Sun, 24 Jan 1999 19:44:42 -0500
From:      Matthew Hagerty <matthew@wolfepub.com>
To:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Email without an account

Greetings,

I am running 3.0-stable and I am in charge of the email.  Could someone
tell me the accepted way to provide email?  I understand anyone with an
account or an alias to an account can receive email, but what about
providing *virtual* email accounts?  For example, email to a virtual user
would only take space in the mail directory and the owner of the account
could only connect via POP3.  The username and password files would be (or
should be) separate from the system password files.

This would allow one account to have say 3 to 5 username and password
protected email accounts with only one *real* system and/or dial-in
account.  Is there a generally accepted way to do this?

Thank you,
Matthew Hagerty
matthew@wolfepub.com