Date:      Mon, 12 Apr 1999 16:10:46 -0600
From:      Brett Glass <brett@lariat.org>
To:        "Allen Smith" <easmith@beatrice.rutgers.edu>, "Gregory P. Smith" <greg@nas.nasa.gov>
Cc:        Igor Roshchin <igor@physics.uiuc.edu>, security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ssh protocol [was: Interesting problem: chowning files sent via FTP]

Berkeley licensing would also allow cryptographers to review the code,
but would have the advantage that people could incorporate it not
just as a library but as an integral part of a product.

Also, Richard Stallman has pretty much decreed that the LGPL is
history as far as FSF and "GNU" projects are concerned.
They'll use the GPL on their libraries in an attempt to force
companies to give up their work. This will backfire, of course,
and we'll wind up with incompatible implementations.

--Brett