Date:      Fri, 07 Apr 2000 09:13:31 -0400
From:      John <papalia@udel.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   More info - Mouse woes

Hi all,

Regarding my mouse problem I posted yesterday, I just got a bit more
information from the daily run.  It came up with the following message:

 > psm0: failed to enable the device (doopen).

Does this help shed any more light?  (Original email is below).

Thanks again,
John

**********************
It seems that some time this afternoon my mouse decided to go no vacation
without me.  My box has been up for (only) 30 days, and in that time, I've
used X successfully dozens of times - including last night and this morning.

This afternoon when I tried to start X up, I get the error Cannot open
mouse (Device not configured).  The only information I could find in the
archives was regarding users who never even had the mouse working to
start.  The problem is that this mouse WAS working just 10 hours ago - and
now it's not.

I've checked the cabling, and all seems well.  Any ideas short of rebooting?

The mouse is a Logitech Trackman Marble (ps/2) running into an OmniCube
4-port KVM, and then into the FreeBSD (3.4-Stable) box.  This configuration
has given me no other troubles for the past 8 months that it's been running
like this.

Thanks in advance,
John