Date:      Mon, 16 Oct 2000 15:25:38 -0400
From:      John Turner <john@drexeltech.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Install of libtool from ports fails

Hello -

I'm trying to install MySQL on a 4.0-RELEASE box.  MySQL requires
libtool.  Installing libtool (after a cvsup of the devel tree) generates
the following:

  install -c -o root -g wheel -m 444 ./libtool.info-4
/usr/local/info/libtool.info-4
  install-info --info-dir=/usr/local/info /usr/local/info/libtool.info
Making install in tests
===>   Generating temporary packing list
** Missing package files for libtool-1.3.4.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/devel/libtool.
*** Error code 1

This is after typing "make install".  "make" succeeds without errors.

Can anyone offer some help?  It's not apparent to me which package files
libtool needs, as I thought the whole point behind the ports was that
dependencies would be installed automatically.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

- John Turner