Date:      Wed, 15 Nov 2000 09:29:47 -0800
From:      Chameleon <swen@wavefire.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Natd port forwarding

Hi All...

This is an extremely stupid question, but i've been banging my head
against it for the last little while...

Got myself a amd k5 as a gateway/firewall running 4.1.1-RELEASE, ipfw and natd.
I have a bsd box and a nt machine behind this using 10.xx.xx.xx ip assignment.
what i want to do is forward http to the bsd box and forward ftp from
port 6669 on the gateway to defaults on the nt box.

i know this can be done... but for some reason i'm doing it all wrong.
my rc.conf has:
natd_flags="-l -dynamic -n xl0 -f /etc/rc.natd"

my rc.natd has:

----
verbose yes
use_sockets yes

redirect_port tcp 10.13.13.68:http 0:0 http
#redirect_port tcp 10.13.13.68:80
#redirect_port tcp 10.13.13.68:80 80
----

i've tried different redirect_port lines in the rc.natd file,
but to no avail...
if anyone can tell the correct way to forward, i'd really appreciate it...

Thanks,
Swen