Date:      Fri, 18 Mar 2005 23:24:27 +0100 (CET)
To:        freebsd-doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   possible error in handbook on kernelcompiling

Hello,

I've mailed this before, but apparantly my subject line seemed to
give the impression that I was a dumb idiot who mailed to the wrong
list. I'm not. So there's what I tried to say:

I'm a bit new, so maybe I'm wrong. Anyway, yesterday I recompiled
my kernel, I did that before, but as always I kept the handbook
open to check that I wouldn't forget some important part. After
making the altered kernel configuration file I had to do some other things
on the machine, something happened. Then I continued, using "Procedure 1.
Building a Kernel the ``Traditional'' Way".
When I issued # /usr/sbin/config MYKERNEL I received an error, but after I
navigated to the directory MYKERNEL was in, everything worked.

So, maybe there should be a sidenote that you either have to be in the
right directory or give the full path.

Lucas