Date:      Tue, 29 Jan 2019 11:22:16 +0000
From:      Paul Thornton <paul@prt.org>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Correct list for HAST issues

Hi Hackers

What is the concensus for the "correct" list to raise some HAST
problems?  -net / -scsi / -geom or here?

The high level view is that in 11.x, hastd exits because a "this can
never happen" thing happens in primary.c - related to size of data
returned by GGATE.  Under 12.0, this gets worse, but can still be worked
around.  My main concern is that my "fix" just involves increasing
buffer sizes without understanding what causes it to break in the first
place, and that performance appears to suffer as a result.

Bug 234576 relates to this problem.

Paul.