Date:      Fri, 5 Nov 2004 23:53:18 +0100
From:      v.demartino2@virgilio.it
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Postgresql not starting...

I'm accustomed to work with postgresql under linux both debian and gentoo=
.

Now on my pentium 3 box under freeBSD 5.2.1 I've just compiled the follow=
ing
ports:
postgresql7
postgresql7-client
postgresql7-opt

In /usr/local/etc/rc.d I find 010.pgsql.sh to start the service but
"/usr/local/etc/rc.d/010.pgsql.sh start"
doesn't look to do anything.

if I "su - pgsql" then try to "createdb" an error of missing server pops
up.
Could you please help in a straightforward way how to set postgresql stra=
ight?

By the way how can I tell FreeBSD I want the postgresql to be started at
boot time?

Thanks Vittorio
Vittorio