Date:      Wed, 13 Oct 2004 23:56:55 +0200
From:      Jochen Gensch <incmc@gmx.de>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Thinkpad not going off while suspend

Tobias Roth wrote:

> sounds like you have turned on dri in your XF86Config. this does not
> (yet) work with acpi_video+radeon. try turning it off.
>

>>>3a. Have you tried jhb's acpi_video_dpms patch?

So, here is what I've tried out in the meantime:

Applied the dpms patch, now the background light turns off properly.
But now it doesn't resume correctly any more. The screen is destroyed.
So, I commented out the dri module in my X-Conf. This leads to no
noticeable change. The screen still doesn't show up properly. Next step
was playing around with those two variables

hw.syscons.sc_no_suspend_vtswitch
hw.acpi.reset_video

I tried all combinations (dri was permanently disabled). No effect.

Mmh, we are very close :-)

Jochen