Date:      Thu, 21 Apr 2005 09:14:19 -0700
From:      Maksim Yevmenkin <maksim.yevmenkin@savvis.net>
To:        Guillermo Sobalvarro <gsobalvarro@yahoo.com>
Cc:        Bluetooth <freebsd-bluetooth@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: USB Dongle

Guillermo,

please read bluetooth chapter in the freebsd handbook

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/network-bluetooth.html

all your questions and more are answered there.

> Max, thank you for your reply.  As you state, I must
> be doing something wrong because when I connect the
> dongle all I get in /var/log/messages is:
>
> Apr 21 04:39:37 toshi kernel: ugen0: 3Com Bluetooth
> USB dongle, rev 1.10/5.26, addr 2

well, you did not load ng_ubt(4) driver. ugen(4) is a *generic* usb
device driver. it will attach to *any* usb device if no other driver
claims it.

> As to rc.bluetooth in /usr/local/etc, I have no such
> file/script.  Must be I have something missing from my
> system that I have not installed?  Please point this
> out if it is the case and what steps I have to take to
> get it to work.

i just copied /usr/share/examples/netgraph/bluetooth/rc.bluetooth
script. this is a generic script that will work for most bluetooth users.

thanks,
max