Date:      Wed, 11 May 2005 18:59:09 +0100
From:      Krilly <mcrilly@cloudigital.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   FireFox is beeping at me!

Hi,

    I'm having an issue where 'FireFox 1.0.3' on 'FreeBSD 5.3-Release'
is beeping at me when I start, use and close it. By use, I mean doing
standard tasks inside of it, such as Google'ing and general surfing of
the internet. I've tried 'xset b off', but the sound is still present?

One thing I have noticed, is if I have an audio application up, or any
application that is using the sound device, FireFo doesn't beep? I
noticed this whilst listening to music via XMMS.

Has anyone else had this issue? It's rather annoying, and any help would
be appreciated.

Thanks,

M Crilly.