Date:      Thu, 19 May 2005 14:25:10 +0200
From:      Martin Nilsson <martin@gneto.com>
To:        freebsd-amd64@freebsd.org
Subject:   Opteron problens with 16GB memory

Are there any known problems with Opterons and more than 12GB memory?

I'm running 5.4-STABLE on a Tyan K8WE, the box is stable with 12GB
but I get internal compiler errors when building world with 16GB.

Disks are on a MegaRAID 320-2e kontroller (PCI-express) could there
be something wrong in the amr driver when having lots of memory.

I remember having similar problems on a MSI board with lots of memory
a couple of months ago.

/Martin