Date:      Wed, 26 Aug 1998 09:52:02 +0200
From:      Sheldon Hearn <axl@iafrica.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   mount_mfs /tmp on dedicated drive [more]

On Tue, 25 Aug 1998 10:18:46 +0200, Sheldon Hearn wrote:

> I've tried to configure my system to mount /tmp in mfs space to improve
> performance of things like vi.
>
> I've done this successfully before with a "clasically" partitioned
> disk, and I wonder if my problems don't stem from my using a dedicated
> disk for swap?

I've repartioned my swap drive, creating a traditional partition of type
165 instead of using the "dangerously dedicated" method. This means my
fstab now looks like this:

> 	/dev/wd2s1b	none swap	sw 0 0
> 	/dev/wd2s1b	/tmp mfs	rw 0 0

Now mount_mfs succeeds. Is there a technical issue preventing mount_mfs
from working when swap space is on a "dangerously dedicated" drive, or
is this simply a problem with mount_mfs?

Thanks,
Sheldon.