Date:      Wed, 02 Aug 2006 11:37:18 -0400
From:      beno <zope@2012.vi>
To:        Isaac Levy <ike@lesmuug.org>,  freebsd-python@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Reinstalling Python with mod_python Problem

Isaac Levy wrote:
> Suggestion:
>
> If this is all new to you, and debugging cross-incompatibilities is
> not what you want to be doing, I'd suggest you do:
>
> First, make sure your system is up to date, and for Zope, make certain
> you have up-to-date Zlib and Expat installed (easiest from ports).
Afraid to do this. The last guy built a *very* sophisticated shopping
cart that depends on an older version of Zope. Don't want to break it
until I'm sure I can fix it ;)

> Compile one python and let it all live in /usr/local (default when NOT
> specifying --prefix during the install), track down and see if any
> other Python installs exist on the machine.
> You shouldn't need to toss ANY flags at the Python build for that
> matter, it will work AOK with mod_python and Zope.
Well, I just went to compile python and got this in the make test:

test test_asynchat produced unexpected output:
*** mismatch between line 3 of expected output and line 3 of actual output:
+ error: uncaptured python exception, closing channel
<test.test_asynchat.echo_client connected at 0x848e10c>
(socket.error:(61, 'Connection refused')
[/usr/local/zope/py243/Lib/asynchat.py|handle_read|89]
[/usr/local/zope/py243/Lib/asyncore.py|recv|343])
What do I do about that?
TIA,
beno