Date:      Fri, 18 Aug 2006 10:13:17 -0700
From:      Matt Olander <matt@iXsystems.com>
To:        "Scott I. Remick" <scott@sremick.net>
Cc:        freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: "So what's FreeBSD doing at Linux World...?"

Scott I. Remick wrote:
> Thought this was cute and so I'll share:
>
> Side note: When I approached the FreeBSD booth, my first question was,
> "So, what's FreeBSD doing here at LinuxWorld?" Without losing a beat, the
> FreeBSD guy responded, "Actually, in an alternate universe, I'm attending
> BSDWorld and there's one Linux booth. However, my transporter
> malfunctioned 'cause it was running Linux, and so here I am." Best nerd
> one-liner I've heard at the show.
>
>>From http://www.securityfocus.com/columnists/413

Haha. It's a good thing he didn't publish the rest of what I said ;-)

Working at a Linux World for 3 straight days can begin to wear on you a
bit. You can only answer "So, what distro of linux is this?" so many
times before you start to froth at the mouth.

That said, we gave out mass quantities of FreeBSD and PC-BSD cd's at the
show along with the "Why FreeBSD" article that an IBM developer wrote
and we also handed out many many BSDCan and FreeBSD Foundation flyers. I
was even making people wait for their BSD cd to get burned on the spot
in order to separate the bizarre freebie moochers that wander these
things like linux zombies.

A good time was had by all.

-matt

--