Date:      Sun, 20 Aug 2006 22:18:26 -0700
From:      Darren Pilgrim <darren.pilgrim@bitfreak.org>
To:        Johnie Wong <johniewong@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Fail to install the driver of the on-board LAN Card

Johnie Wong wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> I am the user of FreeBSD 6.1. Recently, i buy a new server for my
> company which is a Intel Core 2 Duo E6300 (1.86GHz) with Intel
> D946GZIS mainboard, 2GB Consair DDR2 Ram,  3Ware 9500S-4LP, and 4X
> Seagate 250GB SATA II Harddrive. But when i install the on-board LAN
> card driver by activating the default fxp option, it is invisible.

That board is really new, so I would guess you have a new network
controller with a PCI ID FreeBSD doesn't know about yet.  It's a pretty
common occurrence, especially with Intel NICs.  Post the complete output
of `pciconf -lv` (preferrably as an attached text file) and someone will
see if this is the case.

--
Darren Pilgrim