Date:      Tue, 23 Jan 2007 16:10:03 +0100
From:      deeptech71@gmail.com
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   freebsd realtime network usage limiter?

That is, I have a router connecting to the internet through PPP. There are 4
computers (and a DSL modem) connected to the router. The router does not limit
or share internet speed evenly, so if I download via TCP at full speed, others
complain about slow loading web pages. My comp has a FreeBSD OS. How can I
limit my upload and download speed to, say, 0.333 of the speed permitted by my
provider? Also, if I had a FreeBSD router, how could I share speed evenly?

BTW: Is it true that are some types of traffic that need higher priority, such
as games using UDP, so that data does not lag?