Date:      Mon, 11 Feb 2008 11:51:22 +0100
From:      Rafal Jaworowski <raj@semihalf.com>
To:        jack.avenger@gmail.com
Cc:        freebsd-arm@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Help with boot loader on KB9202C (Ethernet don`t work)

M. Warner Losh wrote:
> In message: <66aac5180802101410j65905889rf6644c1adf9e1199@mail.gmail.com>
>             "àÒÉÊ âÕÒÁË" <jack.avenger@gmail.com> writes:
> : Hi!
> : I am playing with KB9202C and can't get working PHY (LXT972C)
> : It work in u-boot 1.1.4 but FreeBSD 8.0 says that there is no MAC.
> : Maybe I need new version of u-boot? Is this error solved in new u-boot?
> :

*snip*

> :
> : Can anyone answer me how to get working BSD loader or U-Boot?
> : I think U-boot is more preferable for me because in such case I can store
> : kernel in onboard FLASH.
>
> For u-boot, there's a patch that makes FreeBSD look at all the MAC
> matching address registers, not just the first set.  We should have
> committed it already, but maybe not.  If we did, and you still have
> this problem, then we'll need do something about that.

It seems this patch didn't make it in the end.. You can try it from here:

http://docs.freebsd.org/cgi/getmsg.cgi?fetch=48150+0+archive/2007/freebsd-arm/20071223.freebsd-arm

On the other end, I'll try to come up with a patch for U-Boot, so it would use
the first MAC registers set on AT91 when setting an address, as it's really
weird that the first one is skipped and only the other one used...

Rafal