Date:      Mon, 18 Aug 2008 14:01:21 -0400
From:      dick thompson <rhomp2002@earthlink.net>
To:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Question of FreeBSD 7.0 support of my ethernet adapter

My computer came with the Attansic L1 Gigabyte ethernet adapter.  With
Linux I need distros using a kernel  later than 2.6.22.1.  Does FreeBSD
7.0 support this ethernet adapter or has a work around come out that
will work with it?  I know that the older BSD releases did not support
it but don't know if the new one does or not.  This adapter is the same
as the Atheros L1 Gigabyte ethernet adapter and appears to be widely
used on the lower level Intel Core 2 Duo computers (mine is the E4400
chipset).  I would like to use the FreeBSD but I am retired and do not
want to have to do a lot of changing of what came with this computer for
economic reasons.

Thanks.

Dick