Date:      Tue, 02 Sep 2008 23:08:33 -0400
From:      Naram Qashat <cyberbotx@cyberbotx.com>
To:        Sergey Matveychuk <sem@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: portupgrade fails with quoted options

Sergey Matveychuk wrote:

> Try the patch please. (cd /usr/local/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8; patch <
> ~/pkgmisc.rb.diff)
> Does it fix the problem for you?

It seems like it got a little farther, but it still bombed.  I'm not sure if the
  new problems is a problems in portupgrade's ruby scripts or if it's something
in the Makefiles themselves:

--->  Reinstalling 'apache-2.2.9_3' (www/apache22)
--->  Building '/usr/ports/www/apache22' with make flags: BATCH=yes
WITH_OPENSSL_PORT=yes WITH_OPENSSL=yes WITHOUT_GNOME=esound WITHOUT_CUPS=yes
WITH_BDB_VER=46 WITH_MYSQL_VER=50 WITH_OPTIMIZED_CFLAGS=yes
WITHOUT_APACHE_OPTIONS=yes WITH_PCRE_FROM_PORTS=yes WITH_MYSQL=yes WITH_BDB=yes
WITH_SUEXEC=yes SUEXEC_LOGFILE=/var/log/www/httpd-suexec.log
WITH_MODULES="actions alias auth_basic auth_digest authn_dbd authn_default
authz_default authz_host authz_user autoindex cgi dav dav_fs dav_lock dbd
deflate dir echo env expires filter headers ident imagemap include info
log_config log_forensic logio mime mime_magic negotiation rewrite setenvif
status suexec unique_id userdir version vhost_alias"
"/usr/ports/Mk/bsd.apache.mk", line 261: Need an operator
** Listing the failed packages (-:ignored / *:skipped / !:failed)
         ! www/apache22 (apache-2.2.9_3) (clean error)

But that does seem to be a step in a right direction.

Naram Qashat