Date:      Tue, 25 Nov 2008 15:57:34 -0600
From:      Nathan Whitehorn <nwhitehorn@freebsd.org>
To:        =?UTF-8?B?UmFmYcWCIEphd29yb3dza2k=?= <raj@semihalf.com>
Cc:        arm@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Code review request: boards on AT91

RafaƂ Jaworowski wrote:
> On 2008-11-25, at 18:44, M. Warner Losh wrote:
>

>> If anybody wants me to write up where I'm going with this, or answer
>> any question, please feel free to ask.  Also, comments would be nice.
>
> I was dreaming once about all-generic initarm() that would have
> KOBJ-based dispatcher, but am not sure this wouldn't cause some
> chicken-and-egg issues as some parts of the infrastructure might not
> be available at such early stages, but didn't investigate this too
> close, any thoughts? But anyways, even a simple scheme with common
> logic and function ptrs, which each platform variation would implement
> their own routines (or use generic), would improve the ARM init code
> significantly.
I am about to commit a patch in order to provide Open Firmware
modularization using KOBJ (coincidentally, this should make supporting
FDTs much easier). In order to this, I had to make KOBJ behave itself
when invoked almost at the very beginning of the boot process on both
PowerPC and SPARC, so you shouldn't have any trouble putting this in
very early boot on ARM either once this hits the tree.
-Nathan