Date:      Tue, 09 Dec 2008 15:37:39 +0100
From:      Leslie Jensen <leslie@eskk.nu>
To:        freebsd-pf@freebsd.org
Subject:   Personal firewall with two interfaces

Hello

I'm running pf as my personal firewall on my laptop.

I've got one ethernet and one wifi interface, both are configured during
boot.

I usually make a change pf.conf where I change

# ext_if="em0"
ext_if="rum0"

or vice versa.

My problem is that if the "wrong" interface is active in pf.conf
there'll be some waiting for ntpd sshd and bsdstats to time out.

I would like to configure pf so that both interfaces are treathed the
same, only one active interface at the time, but to remove the need for
a manual change of pf.conf at startup.

Any hints are appreciated.

Thank you

/Leslie