Date:      Thu, 26 Mar 2009 10:08:25 -0700
From:      Sam Leffler <sam@freebsd.org>
To:        Jung-uk Kim <jkim@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: [HEADSUP] amd64 suspend/resume code to be comitted [more successes]

Jung-uk Kim wrote:
> On Thursday 26 March 2009 12:24 pm, Sam Leffler wrote:
>
>> FWIW I've tried this on 2 amd64 laptops w/ fairly good success.
>> Both are running HEAD as of yesterday and have latest ports builds.
>>
>> Intel T61P (SMP) running gnome2 suspends+resumes with
>> hw.acpi.reset_video=1.  I had to restart moused on resume to get
>> the touchpad back but usb did not come back (usbconfig shows the
>> hubs but no devices and devices do not enumerate on re-attach).
>>

> Some touchpads require reinitialization while resuming.  See
> sys/dev/atkbdc/psm.c and look for PSM_CONFIG_HOOKRESUME and
> PSM_CONFIG_INITAFTERSUSPEND flags and some code arround
> PSM_RESETAFTERSUSPEND.  usb2 stack seems to have resuming issues but
> I didn't care much about it because the stack itself is a moving
> target ATM. ;-)

Right, forgot about those tweaks.  I just wish all these little knobs
could be captured in some form so users could just say "I've got an xyz
laptop" and have the right thing happen instead of having to google for
everyone's experimental findings.

>> HP6125 (UP) running kde4 suspends+resumes w/o any tweaks.  USB came
>> back on this machine but the touchpad did not (haven't tried
>> restarting moused yet).  Some devices didn't restore; e.g. an ath
>> card in the cardbus slot didn't reappear.
>>

> You know who to prod, don't you? :-P

Actually ath resumes fine on T4x i386 UP systems for me so I think this
more likely cardbus.