Date:      Fri, 24 Jul 2009 15:16:54 +0200
From:      Peter Boosten <peter@boosten.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: jpeg-7 - rebuild all dependencies - how?

Daniel Bye wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 24, 2009 at 02:03:43PM +0200, Ewald Jenisch wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Updating one of my sytems I followed /usr/ports/UPDATING and did a
>> "pkg_delete -r jpeg-6b_7" - only to discover that everything that
>
> Au contraire, Blackadder. UPDATING says to run either of
>
> portmaster -r jpeg*
>
> OR
>
> portupgrade -fr graphics/jpeg
>
> It says nothing of pkg_delete.

Not anymore, no. This is what's in my UPDATING:

<quote>
20090719:
  AFFECTS: users of graphics/jpeg
  AUTHOR: dinoex@FreeBSD.org

  jpeg has been updated to 7.0.
  Quick instructions:
        pkg_delete -r jpeg-6b_7
  Please rebuild all ports that depends on it.
</quote>

I thought it to be the most stupid upgrade strategy ever, but indeed it
was there in the beginning.

--
http://www.boosten.org