Date:      Tue, 10 Nov 2009 15:51:11 +0100
From:      Alex Dupre <ale@FreeBSD.org>
To:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   sqlite and tcl

As you have seen, the up-to-date sqlite port requires tcl for
*building*. A few of you complained about it, but I don't understand why
you are not complaining about ports that have perl or python configure
scripts, too ;-)
Said so, I have a patch to switch the sqlite port to use the
"amalgamation" tarball, which doesn't require tcl to build. The "only"
drawback is that the tcl wrappers cannot be built/installed from such
tarball.
I'll not commit anything, but if you are using the sqlite tcl wrappers
speak loudly and let us know.

--
Alex Dupre